Download Golf News for our latest news and information for golf courses.
Bred by Jacklin, Ignite (known as V8 in USA) is a brand new powerhouse creeping bentgrass developed for any golf course wanting that “world-class” look. V8 is a hybrid between two elite breeing lines selected for its close-cut tolerance and improved dollar spot resistance.
IGNITE has been seeded on golf courses worldwide and has received excellent independent evaluations in current NTEP (National Turfgrass Evaluation Program) putting green trials comparing it side-by-side with other commercial and experimental bentgrasses.
- IGNITE earned the #1 ranking for turf quality in NTEP’s putting green trials for LPI Group 1 with locations in Indiana, Kentucky, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Utah, Virginia and Washington state topping Penn A-1, Declaration and all other varieties
- Dollar Spot resistance statistically equal to the top variety in NTEP
- IGNITE has one of the finest leaf textures of any creeping bentgrass
- Greens up in the spring earlier than Penncross for additional weeks of golf play
- IGNITE is a medium-dark green colour
- Colour persists well into the autumn with better than average frost tolerance
- Tolerates wide range of mowing heights from putting green to fairway — some courses have mowed as low as 2mm
- Smooth recovery from aerification