Download Golf News for our latest news and information for golf courses.
100% Ignite creeping bentgrass
Bred by Jacklin Seed, IGNITE (known as V8 in USA) is a new creeping bentgrass bred specifically for high performance golf greens. IGNITE is a hybrid between two elite breeding lines selected for its close-mowing, shade and disease tolerance.
IGNITE has been seeded on golf courses worldwide (including the UK) and has received excellent independent evaluations in current NTEP (National Turfgrass Evaluation Program) putting green trials comparing it side-by-side with other commercial and experimental bentgrasses.
- IGNITE earned the #1 ranking for turf quality in NTEP’s putting green trials for LPI Group 1 with locations in Indiana, Kentucky, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Utah, Virginia and Washington state
- Exceptional fineness of leaf and shoot density
- Good disease tolerance to Microdochium, Anthracnose and Dollar Spot
- Highly tolerant of shade
- Good spring green-up
- Medium-dark blue-green colour
- Smooth recovery from aerification