Discover how to turn your grass into gold with this simple management advice
- The tetraploid varieties in PERMANENT (no clover) have been carefully selected to ensure higher water soluble carbohydrate content while not sacrificing sward density
- Includes Clanrye, one of the highest yielding late heading perennial ryegrasses (100% of control varieties)
- Contains Glenariff, a high performing variety with excellent silage and grazing yields combined with excellent sward density
- Includes Dunluce, a firm favourite in mixtures for marginal land, a dense growing variety that brings all the benefits of a tetreploid but maintains its quality should grazing or cutting be delayed
- Contains all Northern Ireland bred perennial ryegrass varieties which are all recommended by DARD
WHEN TO SOW
Perennial ryegrass germinates at 8°C; ensure this is sown when soil temperature is above 8°C.
WHEN TO CUT
This long-term mixture allows the option of taking later cuts, from late May, of top quality silage.
WHEN TO GRAZE
Designed for intensive grazing between early summer and autumn, with the aim of providing balanced production from turnout to late autumn.
PERMANENT (no clover) produces a dense, leafy, persistent and easily managed ley that produces highly palatable and digestible grass.