Discover our agriculture and farming resources
- HYBRID 4x4 has a very tight heading date range for optimal quality throughout the season
- Excellent resistance to disease
- This mixture does not contain clover, allowing more flexible weed control option
- Ideal in a medium term rotation
- Multiple opportunities for slurry / digestate application, using home produced nutrients more efficiently
- Will produce 20% more yield than perennial ryegrass leys, due to its ability to use all nutrients very efficiently via its long season growth and usage of deep rooting varieties
HYBRID 4x4 is a highly productive hybrid ryegrass cutting ley, designed to last for four years and provide four cuts each year. It’s designed for a three or four year rotation system, delivering 10% higher yield than perennial ryegrass mixtures.
Early spring growth gets the season off to a good start, and up to four cuts can be taken per year. This mix is ideal for large production of biomass, either for stored feed or anaerobic digestion.
A grass only blend also provides increased chemical weed control options, making this mixture useful in rotations to clean up fields. In addition, blackgrass seed shed can be reduced by repeatedly cutting heads and reducing regrowth.
High-yielding grass crops can be grown specifically for biogas production in anaerobic digestion (AD), either alone of in stabilising or supplementing other feed stocks such as variable quality food waste.
Hybrid ryegrasses can be used effectively in cropping rotations, providing a medium term break between other crop types. High quantity and quality grass blends mean a diversification of land use. In grass-based systems, medium term leys can also be used to boost feed and animal productivity, to accelerate reseeding programs, and give flexible management options.
- Excellent addition to other feed stocks
- Enables efficient utilisation of digestate
- Lower environmental impact
- Ability to sequester carbon into the root matrix
- Improves soil health and structure
- Reduced soil erosion and nutrient leaching
- Lower production costs