Discover our agriculture and farming resources
- Fast establishing
- As a cover crop, can assist with prevention of winter soil erosion, nutrient loss, provision of winter habitat, and increased organic matter
- Strong autumn, winter, spring growth
- High quality, high quantity forage production from 2-18 months
- Adds organic matter to the soil improving its quality, structure and nutrient holding capacity
- Delivers up to 30% more yield in the first year compared to a perennial ryegrass ley
When to sow
BARBUMPER gives total flexibility for up to 18 months production potential that can fit into different regimes, and could also be established after a spring cereal harvest, or where an autumn crop has been prevented from being planted giving a short term opportunity to bring rotations back into sync.
This specialist ryegrass mix will produce up to 30% more forage than a newly sown perennial ryegrass ley and is designed to give maximum bulk, instantly producing leafy quality forage from spring all the way through to winter.
When to utilise
BARBUMPER is equally at home being used as a winter grazing mixture, early spring cut before being ploughed out for a spring-sown crop or used as a sacrifice field for early spring grazing as a more cost-effective alternative to perennial ryegrass.
Helps to improve soil quality, organic matter and provides other benefits through active growth, rooting, ground cover and habitat provision for arable rotations over bare fallow, reducing nutrient losses via run-off and leaching.