Discover our agriculture and farming resources
- This diverse mixture has been proven to provide a hardy, long grazing season for livestock with the multi legume species to fix nutrients and sustain year-long production
- Including flowering species, this mixture provided vital beneficial pollinators feed and shelter
- Deep penetrating roots will improve soil structure and have the ability to make the best use of the available soil nutrients, moisture and minerals
Where to use BarGS4
- arable land
- temporary grassland
- permanent grassland that has been cultivated and re-sown within the last 5 years
How to use BarGS4
- GS4 allows very limited use of pesticides so only choose fields that do not have a burden of weeds or slugs.
- Soil that has a pH more than than 6.0 and that is above index 2 for phosphorus and potassium. Soil can be improved with lime, manures or Phosphate and potassium (but not Nitrogen) fertiliser.
- Sow before the end of Summer to allow establishment before Winter sets-in
- Recommend sowing rate of 30kg/ha
- Sow shallowly on to a firm, clean, fine seedbed. Or, sow into an established grass sward.
BarGS4 - Legume and herb-rich sward
1.75kg Glasker Perennial Ryegrass Early Dip.
1.75kg Dundrod Perennial Ryegrass Late Dip.
1.00kg Comer Timothy
2.00kg Bardoux Tall Fescue
1.00kg Laura Meadow Fescue
1.50kg Dascada Cocksfoot
0.25kg Alice White Clover Large Leaf
0.25kg Crusader White Clover Medium Leaf
1.50kg Discovery Red Clover Late
0.10kg Sanfoin Legume
0.10kg Birdsfoot Trefoil Legume
0.80kg Vetches Vetch
0.15kg Chicory Forage Herb
0.15kg Plantain Plantain
0.05kg Yarrow Herb
0.05kg Sheeps Parsley Herb
0.10kg Burnet Herb
*Correct at time of creation, it is the growers responsibility to check the requirements of each scheme are met.