Discover our agriculture and farming resources
- Exceptionally long growing season
- Fixes free nitrogen from the atmosphere, up to 150kg N/ha
- By using a blend of different varieties there is something best suited to whatever the management being applied to the sward
- Animals prefer to graze a clover / grass sward - this results in higher voluntary intakes and better animal performance
Key benefits of including clover
Clover offers remarkable environmental and sustainability benefits as well as a highly productive, nutrient and protein rich forage for livestock.
- Higher quality pasture under low fertiliser
- Improves digestibility
- Fix up to 200kg N/ha/year White clover offers a mid-season high protein sward
- Improves grass health and resilience against disease Increased intakes resulting in higher milk yields and daily liveweight gain
- Reduce bought in nitrogen and leave residual nitrogen for a subsequent crop
- Improved soil health
- Promotes pollinators and insects
Always maintain a soil pH of at least 6.0 and P & K indices of 2 for optimal clover content and health.