Discover our agriculture and farming resources
- The tetraploid varieties in PERMANENT have been carefully selected to ensure higher water soluble carbohydrate content while not sacrificing sward density
- Contains late heading varieties Clanrye and Glenarm which add superior sward density and high D value quality grazing to the mixture
- Ballintoy, new for 2019, produces excellent silage yields and digestibility and provides quality grazing swards throughout the year
- Youpi provides a highly digestible sward suitable for cutting and grazing which performs best early in the season with well balanced growth for the rest of the year
The omission of clover in the mixture allows for cost effective weed control
- Uses all Herbage Varieties Guide recommended varieties
WHEN TO SOW
Perennial ryegrass germinates at 8°C; ensure this is sown when soil temperature is above 8°C, clover will germinate at 10°C.
WHEN TO CUT
Although a grazing mixture, there is the option of taking later cuts of top quality silage if required.
WHEN TO GRAZE
Designed for intensive grazing between early summer and autumn, with the aim of providing balanced production from turnout to late autumn.
PERMANENT produces a dense, leafy, persistent and easily managed ley that produces highly palatable and digestible grass.