Discover our agriculture and farming resources
- HYBRID 4x4 delivers a superb silage mixture to farmers
- It has a very tight heading date range and excellent resistance to disease, offering strong silage production thoughout the season
- This mixture does not contain clover, so is inexpensive to clean up sward
- Perfect if three and four year rotation is required
- Multiple exits and entries for slurry / digestate application, using home produced nutrients more efficiently
- Will produce 10% more yield than perennial ryegrass leys, due to its ability to use all nutrients very efficiently via its long season growth and usage of deep rooting varieties
WHEN TO SOW
Grows at temperatures as low as 5°C so the farm must be able to make use of this early growth.
WHEN TO CUT
Up to four cuts per year which can take place in May, July, August and October.
This is the ultimate silage mixture, yielding up to 18t DM/ha in its first year and exceeding 16t DM/ha in its second year.