Instantly download our Brassica & Forage Crops Guide for practical management advice.
- Deep rooting and improves soil structure
- Rapid soil coverage
- Highly productive and protein-rich forage variety
- Can be sown either as monoculture or as part of mixtures with other species, such as clovers and annual grasses
- Good resistance to colder temperatures
- Good resistance against diseases
Utilisation: Cutting / silage / cover
Sowing period: Spring & autumn
Utilisation period: Summer & winter
Days to maturity: Approx 70 - 100 days
BARVICOS fixes large amounts of nitrogen and it can be used for green manuring and annual forage production either alone or in a mixture with grasses. It can be typically used 70 - 100 days after sowing, when 30 - 50% of the plants have flowered.
Sown on own: 16-20kg/acre (40-50kg/ha)
Companion plant: 8-10kg/acre
It is recommended to sow a vetch at a depth of 2-3cm
Pack sizes: Available in pack sizes of 25kg