Instantly download our Brassica & Forage Crops Guide for practical management advice.
- When fresh, feed value is greater than ryegrass/clover
- Tolerates frequent grazing
- High in protein (up to 23%)
- Can be grown alone or in mixes
- Tap rooted herb that withstands drought and higher temperatures in the summer
- Plantain is not as drought tolerant as chicory or red clover
Utilisation: Graze before crop reaches 20cm. Leave 5cm residual.
Sowing period: Spring & autumn
Utilisation period: Summer & winter
Days to maturity: 60 - 90 days
Pack sizes: Available in pack sizes of 5kg
Sowing rate: 2kg/acre (5kg/ha) in a grassland mixture, 8-10kg/acre (19-24kg/ha) as a special purpose crop.